We provide a full service to sports clients ranging from governing bodies to participants.
The scope of our work is extremely varied. We advise on:
• On-field matters (such as player contracts, transfers, registration issues and disciplinary actions)
• Other sporting authority disciplinary and arbitration proceedings
• Regulation of participants by sports governing bodies
• Every aspect of the commercial, corporate, financing, construction, tax, competition, broadcasting, merchandising, image rights and sponsorship activities of major sporting entities
Our Sports practice is made up of a multi-disciplinary legal team of specialist corporate, commercial, intellectual property, financing, litigation, competition, tax, property and construction lawyers. This approach puts us in a unique position to provide the complete range of sports law advice and a full-service sports law practice.
The total expertise of Eterna Law specialists in the field of sports law:
• Official legal adviser of the National Fencing Federation of Ukraine and the National Fencing team. The company represents a team’s interests during the local and international competitions and during the Olympic Games for a long time.
• Eterna Law in coopertion with Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) represented the Ukrainian fencing Olympic team during the 2012 Olympics in London.
• Advising Euro-2012 projects in building projects, including the Borispol airport.
• Full legal and information support of XXII Open International tournament of weightlifting (7-11 May, Slavutych, Ukraine). Protecting the interests of the competitors before the Appeals Committee in case of disputes and claims for judging the participants of the competition, which ultimately influenced the changing of several court decisions in favor of the athletes.